- Key terms are now available: Each result now includes the keyterms Yahoo’s search index has assigned to the web page. This is the same information Yahoo! uses for search suggestions. I was trying to recreate this by using key term extraction in Yahoo! Pipes. But this would have involved multiple requests and slowed the page down. Boss’s inclusion of keyterms opens a whole new world of semantic search options. I’m using them to display related results on V3GGIE.
- Extended language/region support: I was in Romania a couple weeks ago discussing Yahoo! Boss with some students in Bucharest. I noticed we didn’t support the Romanian language in Boss. I was able to send a few emails asking for support and voila, the Yahoo! Boss has not only added Romanian, but also Turkish and Hebrew! That is some fast turn around and shows their commitment to the users.
- The article also has a link to a new site I’m developing: Tartin3. This is still in the development stages and is a prototype for a much larger site InsiderFood.com.
I’m hoping to take the covers off Insider Food within the next couple weeks.
Disclaimer: I work for Yahoo! but I’m not on the Yahoo! Boss team. I’m their “customer”, as I use Boss for multiple projects outside Yahoo!. I also am a member of the International Yahoo! Developer Network, which allows me to demonstrate and teach some of the Yahoo! API’s and services.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Yahoo! Search BOSS Releases Key Terms
- Return of the Hack, Yahoo! Open Hack Day
- Who’s the Boss, Mobile Impressions and More
- Yahoo’s Search for a Cause to Raise Funds for Breast Cancer Research
- Yahoo! To Be a Default Mobile Search Engine for AT&T; Subscribers
- Sparkling SPARQL: Scripting the Semantic Web
- Yahoo! Releases Badges for Pipes
- hakia Comments on Leveraging Yahoo’s BOSS
- Unlimited Queries with Yahoo! Search BOSS
- BOSS Reaches a Milestone (Yahoo! Search Blog)
- Search the Web Through a Vertical Lens (Yahoo! Search Blog)
- Yahoo! Search BOSS Enables Key Terms
- KallOut Wins BOSS Mashable Challenge, Socialmention Wins Runner Up